Frixuelos, as the Asturian call crepes, are a very popular dish in the region.
They can be either savory or sweet and they are often served as a dessert with various fillings.
Apples are very common in the region and there are several versions of apple Frixuelo.
Remember that the key to making good frixuelos (crepes) is using a very hot pan.
This dessert is a typical dish for the Spanish festival Carnival and they are like thin pancakes.
½ litre of whole milk
8 grams of baking powder
½ kilo of flour
2 pinches of salt
2 dessert spoons of white sugar
1. Beat all the ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Heat a small frying pan and melt a bit of butter.
3. Pour a small layer of batter, making sure it reaches the whole pan.
4. When the sides begin turning upwards, flip and cook for another minute or so.
5. Remove and you can fill it with an apple filling, chocolate spread, sugar or marmalade, or if you want to try savory, ham with cheese.
6. Roll and sprinkle with sugar if they are sweet.
For the filling
Peel and mash the apples. In a bowl, combine mashed apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel and melted butter. Add sugar, you may want to adjust how much you add depending on the sweetness of the apples. Mix well.